Applications are invited for the position of Infection Control Nurse (Maternity Leave cover - approx. 10 hours per week).
This is a specified purpose contract to cover maternity leave and will be of approximately 10 months duration.
The main responsibilities for this role will include:
- Liaising with staff, managers and consultants in relation to infection prevention and control related matters and providing evidence based information and advice to clinical teams in a timely manner
- To collect, collate and provide data and feedback relating to specific key performance indicators for infection prevention and control on a regular basis
- To be able to provide timely training and education sessions to staff on Infection Prevention and Control topics
- Monitor and improve standards of excellent infection prevention and control practices ensuring that standards are maintained within national and international best practice guidelines
- To conduct regular audits to ensure infection prevention and control compliance for CHKS standards, local standards and national standards
- To manage all infection prevention and control queries that may arise on a day to day basis
- Carry out timely reviews of any outbreaks that may occur, escalating recommendations to the relevant committees and management
Please forward letter of application along with an up to date C.V. to Nuala Walsh, HR Manager, UPMC Whitfield, Cork Road, Waterford or by email to email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is Friday 22nd June 2018.