HR Co-Ordinator Full-Time Permanent Position
UPMC Whitfield a 70-bed hospital on the outskirts of Waterford City that serves the south-east region has an immediate vacancy for the above full-time permanent role.
In conjunction with the HR Manager the successful candidate will be instrumental in providing a quality and professional HR service to employees and stakeholders, while at all times complying with legislation. Excellent communication skills are a pre-requisite for the above position along with a high level of attention to detail and the ability to work in a professional capacity at all levels within a busy healthcare environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Under the guidance of the HR manager to work in a fair and consistent manner with all employees, while at all times complying with HR legislation.
- In conjunction with the HR Manager to develop HR policies and procedures and to ensure the timely communication of same to employees.
- To assist with recruitment and selection within the Hospital, ensuring adherence to equality guidelines at all times.
- To be responsible for compiling HR files for all new employees, including reference checking, Garda vetting, credentialing while at all times ensuring all documentation meets CHKS standards
- To undertake a pro-active role in maintaining CHKS accreditation and to ensure on-going developmental work in this area for future visits.
- To carry out any necessary HR administration required ensuring a timely response to employee queries and requests
- To ensure compliance by all department managers in carrying out timely performance appraisals for employees, and working with various managers in ensuring that all legislative training identified is scheduled and completed.
- To liaise closely with Payroll and be responsible for the efficient operation of the hospital time and attendance system. Provide training to all new hires on the time and attendance system and ensure department managers are compliant
- To report on a monthly basis headcount, absenteeism levels etc. to the HR Manager and to work in conjunction with department managers and the Occupational Health department to ensure the effective management of same.
- To develop any internal training courses as requested by the HR manager.
- To be pro-active in developing any new procedures/processes to improve the HR function.
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level and ideally will have at least 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
Please send a letter of application along with an up to date CV to the HR Manager, UPMC Whitfield, Cork Road Waterford or by email to email@example.com Closing date for receipt of completed applications is Tuesday 11th September 2018.
UPMC Whitfield is an equal opportunities employer